This started as a Response to Vlad, and then I decided to make it more of a
10 things to know about Apps For Domains, and I ended up with 11.

I'm not a Googler, but I can guess, that on average Apps For Domains makes
more money for Goog, than GAE does.  If Google can get you to sign up for
email on 20 users, that adds up to a lot of money, and the tracking cookies
on those users on adsense pages adds up to even more.  More data is more
money.

Apps For Domains wasn't horrible until recently, the interface keeps getting
more GoDaddy like. Which may be Familiar to those of use with lots of
domains, but is a very bad thing.  I also don't think Apps For Domains likes
GAE users.  You can almost hear the Tech support people in that group moan
when they hear you have an issue with GAE. (at one point my subdomains all
disappeared and wouldn't let me redeploy them because they were in use and
Apps for Domains told me it was a Code Problem)

If you are setting up Apps for domain, I have over the last month or so
decided that you should follow some simple rules.

1.       Don't set the admin account to a user account you use for anything
else.  This makes the email notifications harder to see, but will save you
unified login headaches over, and over.

2.       Pony up the $10 for a paid account. This sucks, especially for test
domains, but you don't get support otherwise. Sometimes you don't get
support even if you paid, but being able to at least call someone will make
your life less of a Pain when something goes wrong.

3.       Validate your domain using the DNS TXT entry not the HTML upload.
If your HTML file becomes unreachable you may suddenly be unable to connect.

4.       While you can have multiple domains with one account, as the
primary if you ever sell that domain you can't un-associate it, which is a
PITA (More for the buyer than the seller) so don't do this.

5.       Don't enable "Multiple Logins" on your Google Logins for any of
your Apps For Domains admin accounts.  While this seems to be well tested
for GMAIL and Adsense, sometimes sessions get messed up and you will find
that you are making changes to the wrong account.

6.       Use Incognito Windows when administrating your Apps For Domains
Accounts. Similar to above sessions don't seem to work write in Apps For
domain.

7.       Don't Administer accounts in IE9 or FireFox. Google seems to test
only against Chrome, and some of the Dynamic elements on the page don't
always line up in IE9 and FireFox.

8.       Don't even login to Apps For Domains via a Mobile Device or Android
Tablet.  It seems the Pre-Caching on these is a little over-zealous and will
often select all the options on some pages. (Awesome Sauce let me tell you)

9.       Don't use Root, Or Admin for the administrative Email User Name

10.   Don't Use the same Password across all your Apps For domains accounts.

11.   Login to your account altleast once a month, the TOS and deployed apps
change and sometimes if you miss a change things will just happen without
your knowledge.

Brandon Wirtz
BlackWaterOps: President / Lead Mercenary

Work: 510-992-6548
Toll Free: 866-400-4536

IM: drak...@gmail.com (Google Talk)
Skype: drakegreene