i made from significant adjustments after the new pricing as a result
of the large, make that HUGE, numbers of reads and writes.  I have
eliminated most of my indexes but I am still getting these numbers.

e.g. I am creating a single entity during a startup operation ... when
i look at this entity in GAE launcher it says 170 writes.  Ok ... I am
writing a single entity that has NO indexes.  The entity doesn't have
that many fields but it says 170 writes.

Also, I assume these are just datastore writes and not memcache
writes.  Correct?

My billing history seems to bear out this numbers, but I am doing
100,000 writes a day which seems wrong by a factor of 100.

It would be great to get better breakout of these writes in the
datastore statistics or anywhere.

I have to get to the bottom of this so I at least know why I am seeing
such high numbers.

Any explanation would be greatly appreciated.