Rishi and all,

I followed what's in the thread but things are still not working for me.
Perhaps someone could assist / clarify exactly how things are defined on
your end.

In my app, all user-facing requests should be handled by the front-end code
& the backend, named 'worker', should handle a cron job and a task
(performed by a push queue). However, referencing the backend by its name
('worker') in cron.yaml, queue.yaml and when enqueuing a task, does not make
things work (see code below). In the admin console, I see that tasks are
added to the queue but they are not processed. The log has the following
error:

2011-09-26 06:59:36.283 /_ah/start 302 505ms 420cpu_ms 0kb instance=0

Process terminated because it failed to respond to the start request with an
HTTP status code of 200-299 or 404.

Questions:
1. How did you end up referencing the backend? full path?
[instance.backend_name]? [backend_name]?
2. When deploying the code, did you have to update the app's code as well as
the backends? adding '--backends' to the Launcher does not seem to work. I
can not see it in the launcher's
documentation<http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/python/tools/uploadinganapp.html>as
 well.
3. Any idea why I am getting this error? I don't use the 'start' directive.
4. Any idea why the task queue is not processing the queued tasks?

Here are some code/config snippets:

* backends.yaml looks like:

backends:
- name: worker
  class: B2
  instances: 1

* cron.yaml :

cron:

  url: /admin/datafetch
  schedule: every 1 hours
  target:worker

* queue.yaml :

queue:
- name: relateditems
  target:worker

* and in the python code I used target='worker' when enqueuing a task:
taskqueue.add (url='/admin/fetchdata', params='kw=apple', target='worker')