I think I have described it clearly.
There is an idle instance running, but gae scheduler will still create
a new instance and use the new instance to handle a new coming
request.
This is not a right implementation. The right implementation is use
the idle instance to handle the new coming request and create a new
instance for potential other coming requests.

On Sep 29, 11:54 pm, Jeff Schnitzer <j...@infohazard.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 6:59 PM, Tapir <tapir....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I am really some regretting on using java instead of python.
> > I feels google doesn't put enough energy to solve some common problems
> > in java apps,
> > such as slow startup and high memory using.
>
> Honestly it's really hard to tell what you're asking from this thread.
>  If your app takes a long time to start up and spends most of its time
> idle (thus gets shut down), consider paying for the "always on"
> option.
My app don't need 3 always-on paid instances.
As I have mentioned above, I have set the "Max Idle Instances" to 1
instead of the old 3. Now the user experience is very happy.
Ironic? one "Max Idle Instances" is better than 3 "Max Idle
Instances". ^_^

> Also, if you haven't yet, put <threadsafe>true</threadsafe> in your
> appengine-web.xml.  A single instance should be able to serve many
> concurrent requests.
yes, I set it true, but this problem still exists.