Hello at Google,

I have been asked (by my employer, a Software House in the UK) to
investigate the possibility of designing and coding a Google App to
provide a layer on-top of the Google Email inbox for WORKFLOW.

With this, a user (most typically using his/her Gmail account email to
field club type emails, e.g. tennis applications, training requests
etc. etc.) is able to tag an email automatically and enter it (or a
newly created object as a result of a new user email more likely) into
a club application workflow of user defined states for that new member
object driven by administrator updates, e.g. requesting membership, on
hold queue, not paid, now paid, access granted, forms dispatched etc.
etc.

A context between incoming emails and currently created objects (or
potential club members) needs to be maintained by the app. so that a
newly arrived email with an existing club conversation in play, can be
used to update a currently recorded member object.

Each state can be recorded for a given user and emails sent by that
user (and replies) should be appended to a file for that user to be
brought up any time on request to be viewed to provide a history if
you like and his/her current state. This history can be archived also
when the member has been accepted into the club.

Before I plough loads of effort into this task, does this rough
specification (more detail on request) sound like something that could
be easily serviced by a newly created Google app. I was previously
looking at Android also and have not yet concluded the best way to
approach this.

Since the requirement is very GMAIL centric, it seemed (though I may
be wrong) that a Google App would be a good place to start. Given my
need to persist and store data (email trails and states etc.), will
this be a problem using a Google App and GAE.

Thanks in advance for all your help here... Either way, it's looking
like Google but which road to take?

Hope to hear from you soon...

Best Regards

Mark.