Hi guys,

I know there are other threads with this topic, but they are a little
old.  I can't seem to code my way out of this error: update point
error too much contention on these datastore entities. please try
again.

I'm only reading and writing to a small data store entity a few times
a second. But I still get swamped with these errors in my logs.  I'm
trying to move the data being accessed into memcache and decrease my
load on the datastore, but i'm surprised i need to do this. I'm just
updating an object with three statistics based on incoming data.

A lot of these errors are coming from a task that is saving data and
updating the stats. Is is possible that the task queue is trying to
write simultaneously and causing the error?

My app id is nimbits1.

Ben