On Friday, 7 October 2011 22:34:47 UTC+1, Andrei wrote:

> Is it free to use in preview mode?

The initial announcement says it "is available free of charge for now, and
we will publish pricing at least 30 days before charging for it" (I expect
this might mean something like 'no premium over and above the normal
quota/billable resources it consumes' but this is based on nothing more than
gut feel). Of course, this is an "invitation only" preview at this stage
(free as in "no cost", not free as in "freely available" at least for now).

I hope the exit-from-preview, should it reach that stage, is communicated
more clearly than this year's GAE process, but at this stage I take the
announcement more as a reinforcement of the investment in GAE facilities
than any sort of hard-and-fast commitment to a particular direction.