From: google-appengine@googlegroups.com
[mailto:google-appengine@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Jeff Schnitzer
Sent: Saturday, October 08, 2011 2:21 PM
To: google-appengine@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [google-appengine] App Engine Weekly Community Update #11

On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 5:16 AM, Johan Euphrosine <pro...@google.com> wrote:

> Nice Article about caching strategies for App Engine apps by +Chris
> Bunch
> http://www.byzantinereality.com/2011/8/Two-Caching-Strategies-for-App-
> Engine-apps

That page doesn't seem to allow comments, so I'll have to rant here:

This caching strategy is a terrible idea.  Trust me, it's taken a long time
to work out the kinks in Objectify's transparent memcache.  This caching
strategy will go out of sync under contention.  You need to use CAS
operations to avoid race conditions.

Jeff