Oops, here is a better formatted version:

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to let you all know that App Engine SDK 1.5.5 has been
released. The official announcement is here:
http://googleappengine.blogspot.com/2011/10/app-engine-155-sdk-release.html

The full release notes are below:
App Engine Python SDK - Release Notes

Version 1.5.5
===============================
- Python 2.7 is now available as an experimental runtime for all
applications
 using the High Replication Datastore. To upload your app to the Python 2.7
 runtime, change the runtime argument in your app.yaml to python27.
- We have increased the number of files you can upload with your application
 from 3,000 to 10,000.
- We have increased the size limit for a single file uploaded to App Engine
from
 10MB to 32MB.
- We have increased the Frontend request deadline from 30 seconds to 60
seconds.
- We have increased the online URLFetch maximum deadline from 10 seconds to
60
 seconds. The default deadline remains at 10 seconds. The offline
maximum deadline
 for URLFetch remains at 10 minutes.
- We have increased the URLFetch Post payload from 1MB to 5MB.
- App Engine now supports Cross Group (XG) transactions with the High
 Replication Datastore, which allow you to perform transactions across
 multiple entity groups.
   http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/python/datastore/transactions.html
- We have released an experimental API that can write to Google Storage for
 Developers directly from App Engine.
   http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/python/googlestorage/overview.html
- We have added a graph to the admin console that displays the number of
 instances for which you will be billed.
- In the XMPP API, get_presence() is deprecated in favor of using the
inbound
 presence handlers documented in

http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/python/xmpp/overview.html#Handling_User_Presence
.
- The Task Queue API 'target' parameter now accepts a new value,
 taskqueue.DEFAULT_APP_VERSION, which will send the task to the default
 frontend version, rather than the version or backend where the 'add' method
is
 being called.
- In the URLFetch API, make_fetch_call() now returns an RPC object.
- Fixed an issue in the Admin Console where the "Run Now" button did not
work
 for tasks with a '-' in the name.
- Fixed an issue where the SDK did not decode Base64 encoded blobs.
- Fixed an issue to provide a better error message when using the Mail API
 send email to an invalid user address.
- Fixed an issue in the SDK where a skip_files entry caused an ImportError
when
 the library was located elsewhere in the PYTHONPATH.
- Fixed an issue in the SDK index viewer where the arrows indicating whether
 query was ascending or descending were not properly rendered.
- Fixed an issue where httplib did not support the deadline argument for
 URLFetch calls.
   http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=2216
- Fixed an issue where you could not schedule a cron job to run every 100
 minutes.
   http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=5243
- Fixed an issue in the SDK where failed tasks retried immediately instead
of
 waiting for 30 seconds.
   http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=5587
- Fixed an issue making it possible to modify request headers using the
deferred
 library.
   http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=5861

App Engine Java SDK - Release Notes

Version 1.5.5
=============
   http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/java/datastore/transactions.html

http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/java/xmpp/overview.html#Handling_User_Presence
.
- Fixed an issue in the Admin Console where the "Run Now" button did not
work
 for tasks with a '-' in the name.
- Fixed an issue to provide a better error message when a user tries to
parse an
 HttpRequest's input stream more than once in a request.
- Fixed an issue to provide a better error message when using the Mail API
 send email to an invalid user address.
- Fixed an issue in the SDK where HttpServletRequest.getInputStream().read()
 always returned -1.
   http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=5396
- Fixed an issue where you could not schedule a cron job to run every 100
 minutes.
   http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=5861

App Engine Go SDK - Release Notes

Changes that are not backward compatible
are marked with an exclamation mark ("!").

Version 1.5.5 - October 2011
==============================
This release changed to api_version 3, based on Go release.r60.2.

appengine/blobstore:
 ! Add an options parameter to UploadURL for controlling maximum upload
size.
appengine/datastore:
 ! Add an appengine.Context argument to the NewKey and
NewIncompleteKey functions.
 ! Add an options parameter to RunInTransaction to allow cross-group
transactions.
 ! Add a parent argument to the NewIncompleteKey function.
 - Allow long slice fields. The total length of all indexed properties may
now
   be up to 5000 elements.
appengine/log:
 - New package.