No, it looks like the dev_appserver is not yet capable of using 'threadsafe: yes'. However, with 'threadsafe: no', and your handler setup like 'script: main.py', you *can* dev locally, and then make those 2 changes before deploying.

I know that doesn't help if you're testing multithreading features, but I think we're gonna have to wait 'til 1.5.6, or whenever the 2.7 runtime leaves experimental status, before we get that upgrade.

Steve