Hi Kent,

Looking at the Python 2.7 documentation you might have gotten the
impression that it was rushed. That is because it was rushed and not
documenting the lack of dev appserver support was one of several
omissions.

As of yesterday, every Python 2.7 documentation page and the release
notes contain a large warning saying that the dev appserver is not
supported (as well as several other fixes).

Going forward I'm not sure how to balance documentation and code
completeness with making experimental functionality available as soon
as possible for people to test it out. Maybe we can do something to
lower people's expectations for experimental releases?

Anyway, thanks for your feedback and sorry for wasting your time.

Cheers,
Brian