I've experienced the same. My app usually gets 20 - 50 requests per second.
Since few days ago it has started to get spikes hitting up to ~150 requests
per second. I don't see anything unusual in the logs. The load to my app
should be quite constant, nothing like the graph shows. From the graph I
would say there's a spike roughly once per hour.