My app sends an email to about 10k people every morning (we are a news
website, and send out an alert that tells people what the new stories
are). Until today it's worked really well (for over a year). It sends
from an address that is registered as an admin (since that's required)
which is not used by anyone other than the app for this purpose.

Starting today, calls to the Mail API cause an email to be sent
*unless* the sender is that address. I noticed this when the daily
emails weren't actually sent out, and did some testing with the remote
shell:

riabizdev> test_two = mail.EmailMessage(sender='ne...@riabiz.com',
to='nevin.free...@gmail.com', subject='TEST', body='TEST')
riabizdev> test_two.send()  # Actually works, the email hits my inbox

riabizdev> test_two = mail.EmailMessage(sender='f...@riabiz.com',
to='nevin.free...@gmail.com', subject='TEST', body='TEST')
riabizdev> test_two.send()  # Doesn't throw an error, but no email
ever makes it

The first obvious mishap would be that the emails are getting filtered
into people's spam folder. I use an invisible image to track email
opens though, and zero were opened today, as compared to many
thousands on an average day, so I'm very confident that this isn't the
problem. I at least know for sure that my test emails never made it to
my own spam folder.

I tried sending out the batch of 10k a few times during the day and
got nothing. At the end of this testing, I swapped out another admin
email and it worked fine. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Nevin