Hi all, my name is Chaitanya. I am newbie to google app engine. I have been
reading about app engine from yesterday. I read about the quota and limits
too.

I have a doubt regarding this. For instance, suppose that I am creating
10,000 objects and saving all those to the datastore in a single
transaction(DataStoreService). I guess dataStorService.put(entity) is like a
Hibernate transaction. Now that, after putting 5000 objects to the datastore
the 30 seconds limit for a request execution has been timed out.

Now what about the rest of the 5000 objects? I head
here<http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/java/datastore/overview.html>that

With the App Engine datastore, every attempt to create, update or delete an
> entity happens in a *transaction*. A transaction ensures that every change
> made to the entity is saved to the datastore, or, in the case of failure,
> none of the changes are made. This ensures consistency of data within an
> entity.

Is it true? If the transaction fails, the rest of 5000 objects are also
discarded from the datastore?

Can anyone help me understand this better?

Thank you all in advance, good day.