Wow. So it _does_ look like the old crons were running even though the
application was DISABLED. This will likely bite other users of the
automated migration tool. You might want to address this. Note that
Ikai suggested this long ago, and I just assumed that a disabled app
would not be running cron. My fault, but a valid assumption, don't you
think?

I need to check my other disabled apps now.

I've turned off the old cron jobs and will wait for a few days to see
if there is a difference in the billing (once the billing reports
start again ;) . You'd think I'd see a difference in my instance-hours
though....

PS: Ironically, I had to re-enable my app to upload the empty cron
file. ;)