Hey Kenneth,

The number of instances that you are billed for (and cost you free quota)
can be less than the total number of instances.

Look at the "Instances" graph in the "Dashboard" tab in Admin Console and
you should see a green line representing billed instances - that is what
you are billed for (or costs you free quota).

Cheers,
Brian