For my calculation - GAE cheaper and more convenient for simple apps. And
it'll be cheaper than EC2 very long time.

Calc full-day price hours from EC2 and cost of time for setup environvent
and tuning it for your app.

Calc - how much you must usage your app for out of free quota and start
pay. Than calc how much your app must usage gae for price equals to EC2
micro-instance ($14.5/month) or more realistic - small instance
($61/mounth) (micro-instance work dramatically slow - I try use is for
simple backup data to ZFS and it usage 100% CPU for single upload stream
and store files very slow).

GAE real cheap and convenient environment for most app (if you have any
experience in gae or have no any experience in both environments).

2011/11/8 Genom <phage.cont...@gmail.com>

> I am also a student and I was supplying my android app through GAE. I
> think I am also going to move to EC2...

С уважением,
Кулин Тимофей.

Телефон: +7 (4852) 974793