I have been using this setup script for a while on different os's (mac
snow leopard, mac lion, ubuntu) and thought other people might enjoy
it. It grabs the latest appengine version to install and it patches
the virtualenv so that the dev_appserver works properly.

You can find it here:

https://gist.github.com/1012769

Thanks!
Robert

PS. This is my second time attempting to post to this group, so sorry
if I am too spammy for you mods just would like to share and help out.
Not sure why my other post did not show up.