no ... my compound index is a combination of a timestamp and a string
and only need desc timestamp, no list property involved ... the
forking of the list property searching has scared me away from them
(fyi)

a while back (after the new pricing was announced), i unindexed lots
of fields and it reduced indexed writes by a factor of 40 ...

is it possible that these former indexes on fields could still be
occupying space and, if so, is there a way to get rid of them since i
no longer index those fields?

e.g. if i copy a namespace and delete the former namespace will that
get rid of field indexes which are no longer indexed ...

thank so much for your help ...

p.s. finally, when i first created my entities i did not realize that
every field was indexed by default but finally figure it out ... :)