you can check here also
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8112722/yaml-addressing-and-template-with-gae-is-not-working-templatedoesnotexist-just

Problem :

I have problem with using template in Google App Engine by Python. the
thing is, when I address my static folder in Yaml, I can NOT access to
my template and when I remove it, it is access able. look at the
files.

this is my file structure
-src\
----\calc.py
----\main.py
----\index.html
----templ\
---------\calc.html
---------\js
---------\css

YAML:
handlers:
- url: /.*   script: main.py

MAIN.PY
def main():
    application = webapp.WSGIApplication([
      ('/', MainPage),
      ('/calc',Calc)
      ], debug=True)
    wsgiref.handlers.CGIHandler().run(application)

Calc.py
class Calc(webapp.RequestHandler):
    def get(self):
            temp = os.path.join(os.path.dirname(__file__), 'templ/
calc.html')
            outstr = template.render(temp, temp_val)
            self.response.out.write(outstr)
THE RESULT IS : Status: 200 OK Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
I can reach my file and the template addressing is working

BUTTTTTTT

when I add the following line to my YAML to access to my css and js
and so on. IT is not access able

YAML:

    handlers:
    - url: /.*
      script: main.py

    - url: /templ
      static_dir: templ

or If i change order of them :
YAML:

    handlers:
    - url: /templ
      static_dir: templ

    - url: /.*
      script: main.py
BOTH are NOT working and there is my error

  File "/Applications/GoogleAppEngineLauncher.app/Contents/Resources/
GoogleAppEngine-default.bundle/Contents/Resources/google_appengine/lib/
django_0_96/django/template/loader.py", line 72, in
find_template_source
    raise TemplateDoesNotExist, name
TemplateDoesNotExist: calc.html

Please help me through this, there must be simple solution for it. I
really dont believe that GAE is that much fool....

Thank you in advanced