*Rekby*: Using --sql_lite does not work for me because to this day there is
no parity between the --sql_lite version and the production datastore.
Others and I have filed issues about it. Others have reported that sqllite
helps with large datasets. It used to be that the SDK datastore would get
very slow as the dataset was getting larger, but with 1.6.0 it has become
slow and unpredictable/cranky even with tiny test datasets.

*Desmond*: Proxying static content is a useful and necessary technique for
any real world app developed with the GAE SDK. I have been developing a
real-world app with GAE for four years and I could have not survived
without it.... I first wrote about this
here<http://www.gae123.com/articles/gaet/fir-tim-exp.html>
back on July 10th 2010. I do miss the days when this was my only major
performance issue.