There are no longer budget allocations to change, there is only the budget
and the only person who can change this is the Billing Administrator
(because it is charging their credit card).  In the case you reference you
should set up the app, add the person who is going to own billing as an
Owner, then change yourself to be a Developer.  The Billing Admin must be
an Owner and every app needs at least 1 owner, but for the most part you
should be able to do what you need as a Developer.

Greg