On Sat, Nov 19, 2011 at 8:06 AM, Kenneth <kennet...@aladdinschools.com>wrote:

> Default should not be false. turning back on an index is much much harder
> than turning it off.  If you turn it back on you have to rewrite all your
> entities, with the potential for not retrieving some data when executing a
> query if you don't.  That's bad.

FWIW, we're changing the default to false in Objectify 4.0 (among a number
of other major changes).  It's universally regarded by our users (and
twig's users) that defaulting to true was a mistake.  Defaulting to false
forces you to think about what to index from the start - a mandatory step
now that indexes are expensive.

Jeff