From: google-appengine@googlegroups.com
[mailto:google-appengine@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Ice13ill
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2011 2:43 AM
To: Google App Engine
Subject: [google-appengine] Re: Question about indexing of properties

Well let's say I have an Entity with the following fields:
- String name
- String type
- List<String> properties

The purpose is to search these entities (for example: the user inputs the
search words to be matched against "properties" field and the "name" and
"type" are matched according to some other settings/
options)
So let's say I can use this index: name^ , type^ , properties^.

But another option would be to remove the "type" field and insert the same
information in the "properties" list filed as "type=some_value_of_type" so
and I could use this index: name^ , properties^.

I believe that any of this is a solution for searching my Entities (is it
possible that i'm missing something ?), but i was wandering what are the
differences (advantages/disadvantages) regarding query performance, quotas
etc.

athttp://groups.google.com/group/google-appengine?hl=en.

athttp://groups.google.com/group/google-appengine?hl=en.