From: google-appengine@googlegroups.com
[mailto:google-appengine@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Andrin von
Rechenberg
Sent: Friday, December 02, 2011 12:35 AM
To: google-appengine@googlegroups.com
Cc: Uwe Maurer
Subject: Re: [google-appengine] Re: What happened to the promised
reliability improvement for email delivery?

We are sending out about 1.8 million emails per month.

SES or sendgrid would be way to expensive. (~$1000).

We do it from a single server (2ghz, 4gb) hosted somewhere

outside of google. It costs us about $60 per month and we

have a great delivery rate (spif, dkim, dedicated ip and

also very important: we handle all email bounces in

appengine and dont send any further email to an address

if it bounces)

Our delivery rate is quite high, way beyond GAE, except

for hotmail.

I can highly recommend building setting up your own email

server and just add a simple php script to expose a http

api. Took me about a day to setup and its 20x cheaper

then sendgrid. It's been running for almost a year and

i never even had to login into the mailserver. it just

runs super smooth. I'm monitoring it with prodeagle.com

Cheers,

-Andrin

On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 2:53 AM, Vivek Puri <v...@vivekpuri.com> wrote:

'Cause we like startups!