Ctrl + F5 was my first solution, needless to say it doesn't work as
Brandon suggested.

I have set the expiration of css files to 7 days in my appengine-
web.xml, I'm sure this hasn't caused an issue before when updating CSS
files though.

Would it be worth reducing this or am I just going to have to wait 7
days before app engine "updates" the CSS to the new version I
deployed?

Thanks