Sometimes I wonder if you really use GAE too ;) Or are Java and Python this
different?

All ServletResponses and Log-Events are (for me) cached (and flushed only
at the end of the request).

E.g.: If you have a 1 hour backend job no log entry appears in the Admin
console till the request is complete...HttpResponse.out.write/flush will
return nothing either till the response is complete. You can flush all you
want...nothing happens.

If you get an OutOfMem instance kill or a (for me) famous "Connection to
client lost." no log entries will appear in the console, no output will be
written to the servlet response stream.
This is especially funny because im sure that the Blob-creation API in Java
has severe Memory leaks.

How do we debug this stuff? I miss jvisialvm or hsperf-dumps or or or...

I know Brandon...we all should only write 50 ms Proxy-Caches or we are
wrong here. ;)