This can happen if you have large numbers of namespaces, kinds or
property names.

There is a limit to the size of the datastore_stats written for an
application (approx 10MB for apps with entities only in the empty
string namespace or 20MB for apps with entities in a non empty string
namespace). The size can be easily exceeded if there are a large
number of different datastore stats that need to be written.  For
example, if a property name or a kind name is computed, then there can
be a very large number of stats entities.  This then can cause the
limit to be exceeded.

If you're interested in a larger limit for datastore stats, please
file a bug so we can track how many people care about this enough.

I'd suggest in the meantime, perhaps revisiting the schema you might
be using to see if there is a way of avoiding the datastore_stat
explosion.