You are kind of trolling.

You aren't as yet effected by the bug, but are complaining about the
response to the issue.

"Simple issue"  I kind of baited Brian the other day to ask why Numpy Savez
couldn't get a "simple" fix and he gave a pretty good explanation of the
complexities of a maintaining simple fixes, but more to this point, When you
are working in a huge company on a product which is made up of other teams
components there are no simple fixes.

I am reminded of a bug that I worked on at Microsoft, Due to an issue in how
packet headers supplemental data was escaped a certain combination of
characters would cause the header to contain one character more than it was
supposed to.  This prevented these packets from passing over multicast
through cisco equipment, and would result in a video glitch in the IPTV
playback. At the Core the fix was easy. Don't put an extra character in the
packet header.

In reality a fix meant testing that the method used for escaping data would
work with this changed in 136 products, 227 brands of and models of
router/switch, and running MTBF testing on the OS after.  Just the MTBF
testing meant a fix would take a Month. But our "Simple" but worked out to
be 3500 man hours and 75 days.

Simple changes meaning drastically in Enterprise for Enterprise Class
environments.