It is as easy as Robert describes with one exception.  Make sure your
secondary domain is added as an "alias" of your primary domain rather than
"independent".  I went deep down the rabbit hole until I deleted my
"independent" domain and re-added it as an alias...and my mapping was
working seconds later.  Hopefully my addition will keep someone else from
going down the rabbit hole.