hi brandon

compression - not really, at least not with HRD. I remember it being
useful in M/S but only for larger strings. I'm using this python
property now, it only compresses over a certain size
http://atastypixel.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/compressible_text_property.py_.txt

great article jeff, I know I've read of few of your older posts about
this in the past

cheers
brian