On Jan 19, 8:37 am, hugues2 <hugues.flam...@gmail.com> wrote:
> - The application should be able to serve +/- 1,000 companies. Each company
> having +/- 10 registered users. The system should be abe to support +/- 3
> transactions / second.
> - The data from one company should not be visible for the other companies.

No Problem. We have over 1,100 distinct customers, each with a main
admin user and several limited users. We often reach 5 requests a
second, and GAE will handle many times this without any action on your
part.

> - It should be possible to perform restore the data from each company from
> daily backups. That is, the system should be able to restore data for one
> company independently from other companies

No problem, but may become expensive in bandwidth and storage, and
also unnecessary (unless you need roll-back to handle situations where
customers do something legal but stupid). GAE data is stored on many
machines in many data centres, where "many" is undefined - I guess
this is commercially sensitive to Google. But I have never heard of
anyone losing data on GAE, unless they deleted it themselves. We
decommissioned our backup procedures last year, after switching to the
high-replication datastore.

> - The size of data to be stored should be +/- 1Gb / company ==> +/- 1 Tb of
> data to be stored. The information to be stored is a mixed of standard data
> and images.

No problem.

I think your scenario depends almost entirely on whether you have to
rule out the datastore. If you do, GAE probably isn't for you, because
the SQL solution isn't here yet and will be hard to trust for several
months when it does arrive. But if you can make the jump from
relational to non-relational mindsets (that is a function of your
developer's skills, not a technical limitation), and if you don't need
backups for roll-back, GAE is likely to be an excellent platform for
your application. It is extremely robust, scales to enormous levels
automatically, and is remarkably cheap if you need those attributes.
Any other system will require you to hire at least one good sysadmin
to design, build and manage it, but with GAE you can put those
resources into developers to make your product better instead.

Finally, if Google don't respond to your request for technical review,
there are many competent people on this group (including myself) who
might be happy to do some consulting for you.

Best regards,
Greg.