Important for me is to use the interpretor directly and the remote API so
that I can use the gae without a script directly from the python
interpretor. It requires a correct install to start python and do a from
google.appengine.ap import ... and making python find the module without
writing a script and doing it directly from the python command line.

I think the articles from Google needs updating especially the Users API
and forms and frameworks. The Image API, the blobstore API, mapreduce and
the Users API would be interesting topics as well as the newer projects NDB
and webapp2. mapreduce seems very powerful and the easy of using cron jobs
compared to regular Unix crons. I would also like to see more about WTForms
instead of the djangoforms, Jinja2 instead of django rendering, webapp2
instead of builtin routing, webapp2 for easy user model and password
hashing.
Regards,
Niklas