Hey Jason,
 I was actually working on a similar thing just over a year ago.  My
usecase was pretty simple, I wanted a domain admin to be able to select
which users (or group) was authorized to access the app, the set
permissions on those users / groups.

 I honestly can't remember the exact solution I wound up using, but I do
recall mocking up the exact same solution you propose.  I do not recall
ever finding a better solution though. I also vaguely remember hitting some
edge cases where the user accounts didn't get correctly associated. I think
that may have been due to all the Apps accounts being transitioned to
Google accounts around the time though.

If you find something better, I'd love to hear about it.

Robert

http://code.google.com/googleapps/domain/provisioning_API_v2_developers_guide.html#Retrieve_All_Users_in_Domain_Example
)

> I'm not sure the right way to associate these two entities. It seems
> like I need to combine the Provisioning API's username with the Apps
> domain to get an email address and then compare that against App
> Engine's user.email().
>
> But that smells to me. Is there a correct way to do this?
>
> Thanks for any help, including a pointer to a better place to pose
> this question,

------
Robert Kluin
Ezox Systems, LLC