They payloads of the tasks count towards the store bytes quota.  So
that does limit how many you can add to the queue, but that is not the
issue here.

The bucket/token stuff doesnt impact adding to the queue.

from the docs...

"""The task queue uses token buckets to control the rate of task
execution. Each named queue has a token bucket that holds a certain
number of tokens, defined by the bucket_size directive. Each time your
application executes a task, it uses a token. Your app continues
processing tasks in the queue until the queue's bucket runs out of
tokens. App Engine refills the bucket with new tokens continuously
based on the rate that you specified for the queue."""