Seconded.  I have a modest, stable little app that runs under the free
quota.  The last few days, however, instance hours in the 50 range have
been reported on the dashboard, resulting in several hours of downtime due
to exceeding quotas.  When I look at the instances chart, I notice that the
green (billable) line has been at or very near one all day, and then zero
for the out of quota period.

Here's where it gets interesting: When I look at billing history for the
day, it reports *under* 24 hours, which is accurately reflects what the
instances chart had indicated.  So why am I getting out of quota downtime?
And why is ms / request, normally at 60 or so, skyrocketing to 6000?  There
was no corresponding fluctuation in request type or rate.

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-JfS5iqi1nVY/T05GzH9Qa1I/AAAAAAAAAdo/JbAN9l_E9YM/s1600/20120227_instances_screen_snip.png>

<https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-aPWwlsxcL34/T05G_r7jfsI/AAAAAAAAAdw/UI9qBIgBXWo/s1600/20120227_ms_per_request_chart.png>