For a year or more I used a Google Gadget app as my guestbook on my
website. A few days ago it stopped working. I have to replace it, of
course -- a bothersome enough task considering the luck I've had with
guestbook services; But, also, I've now probably lost all of the
reader input that I didn't back up.

I wonder if there's any way to address this situation other than
resigning myself to the fact that this is just one of those
unfortunate losses that one occasionally experiences when allowing
online storage of information.

I don't know the name of the guestbook gadget that I was using.I don't
know if this provides a clue, but the code looked like this:

<!-- Include the Google Friend Connect javascript library. -->
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.google.com/
friendconnect/script/friendconnect.js"></script>
<!-- Define the div tag where the gadget will be inserted. -->
#cccccc;"></div>
<!-- Render the gadget into a div. -->
<script type="text/javascript">
var skin = {};
skin['BORDER_COLOR'] = '#cccccc';
skin['ENDCAP_BG_COLOR'] = '#ffff99';
skin['ENDCAP_TEXT_COLOR'] = '#333333';
skin['ENDCAP_LINK_COLOR'] = '#0000cc';
skin['ALTERNATE_BG_COLOR'] = '#ffffff';
skin['CONTENT_BG_COLOR'] = '#ffffff';
skin['CONTENT_LINK_COLOR'] = '#0000cc';
skin['CONTENT_TEXT_COLOR'] = '#333333';
skin['CONTENT_SECONDARY_LINK_COLOR'] = '#7777cc';
skin['CONTENT_SECONDARY_TEXT_COLOR'] = '#666666';
skin['CONTENT_HEADLINE_COLOR'] = '#333333';
skin['HEADER_TEXT'] = 'Comments';
skin['POSTS_PER_PAGE'] = '5';
google.friendconnect.container.setParentUrl('/' /* location of
rpc_relay.html and canvas.html */);
google.friendconnect.container.renderWallGadget(
 { id: 'div-2472083025439537301',
   site: '05448207490678898213',
   'view-params':
{"disableMinMax":"true","scope":"SITE","allowAnonymousPost":"true","features":"video,comment","startMaximized":"true"}
 },
  skin);
</script>
</script>

I would appreciate any advice on the matter. Thanks,

Steve