Hello there,

it seems ridicolous, but I am unable to remove appstats.

If I remove the following from the web.xml:

    <filter>
        <filter-name>appstats</filter-name>
        <filter-
class>com.google.appengine.tools.appstats.AppstatsFilter</filter-
class>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>logMessage</param-name>
            <param-value>Appstats available: /appstats/details?
time={ID}</param-value>
        </init-param>
    </filter>

    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>appstats</filter-name>
        <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
    </filter-mapping>

my static content is not accessible any more and produces a 404 error.

I narrowed it down to the filter and filter-mapping tags, since I
removed the other tags from
http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/java/tools/appstats.html
step by step.

Only if those specific tags remain in the web.xml, the static content
becomes inaccessible after deployment.

Last night I had strange errors in the logs which are linked to source
files of appstats.

Hopefully you guys can help me.

Sincerely
Upscale