Yes. There was problem with our QoS settings. This 'backup' server is
actually used almost always internally, and this monthly backup is, let's
say, only time that it needs to connect to outside world. So our firewall
and vpn gateway had low QoS settings for this server. So thanks for hint.
There was no problem on GAE or ISP side.

My only concern is that there was no response from GAE team to resolve
sooner this mystery.

Thank you, Matija.