Non-payed apps have rules all of their own, they get slow sometimes for no
reason. I would not say this is an issue, it just is you are in the lowest
tier so if you get squished no one cares..

I think QoS/QoE is set this way on purpose.

From: google-appengine@googlegroups.com
[mailto:google-appengine@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Mos
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2012 10:16 AM
To: google-appengine@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [google-appengine] More then 100 complains and no feedback from
Google. Was: Outages?

Hi Alex,

right, 1 instance is billed, cause this application runs in non payed mode,
but the scheduler spans up to four instances (without real need).
In payed mode I assume the green line would not be on 1 instance all the
time...  (I'm glad I didn't activate payment yet)

Graphs are attached.

According to Google Analytic and application logging there was similar
usages then the days before.  (Around one to two request the minute)
I think we don't need to discuss that something bad is going on the last 24h
to 48h hours for many GAE users?
Please check issue tickets and other postings here.....