This is a great question for StackOverflow because you'll get a lot more

On Linux you have a lot of options. One of the easiest ones is iptables.
Well ... "easiest".

PERSONAL OPINION ALERT: I highly recommend learning Linux or working with a
*nix system. I find that it's way easier to do software development on that
kind of a system than trying to deal with Windows. Not to mention: I've
rarely been in a situation using Linux where I've wanted to do some weird
networking or security thing and not been able to find at least a
half-assed guide somewhere describing how to do it (and, in struggling with
said half-assed guide, become slightly better at using Linux myself). IMO
there really aren't any good reasons why you can't learn Linux. If you
don't want to dual boot, you can always use a tool like VirtualBox and run
an Ubuntu ISO. There's no dollar cost.

--
Ikai Lan
plus.ikailan.com