Hear, hear.

This is a clear case of moral hazard. The incentives to optimize and reduce
latency are backwards, since more efficiency leads directly to reduced
revenue for Google. We just have to trust that Google wouldn't screw us?

Like Jeff says, there's a large amount of goodwill, but there has to be
some give from Google's part.