I did some tests with get_by_id and results were a lot faster. Forget
the result, but all our direct gets must be eventual now whenever it
is a relatively static entity.

Must say I have not used it for queries because the nearly omnipresent
issue for use (business transactional stuff) is index consistency not
speed.

One thing I would really like to know about eventual_consistency and
indices is the order of the consistency. If entities get updated in
series 1, 2, 3, and the index updates get fanned out to the various
index tables, will the eventual index updates also be 1,2,3 or will
the order change.

The docs aren't clear, and I can imagine either approach might apply.
Folks might find it very useful to know this because very often I find
myself with eventual consistency issues that could be easily worked
around if I could rely on the 1,2,3 index updates.

Anyway, recommend EVENTUAL definitely for get_by_id -- works for me at
least.

hth -stevep