We all know that google app engine scales and the prince's wedding website
was a prime example of that.

I would also like to know if someone out there is making highly complex
system on top of google app engine ? ( By Complex, I mean, lots of cross
entity transaction, more than hundred different tables, complex
relationship with tables) and they are successful in doing so.

I know that admin console is also built on top of google app engine
platform. ( which is not much complex IMHO ).

what are the other applications ?