Hi,

I have an application which is mostly I/O intensive and involves a
high number of upload and download operations to the app engine server
by an HTTP client.

My question is: what does the instance hour comprise of in this case ?
Does it include the total time taken by the HTTP client to upload the
request data ? Or does the instance hour calculation begin when the
entire request data is uploaded and processing of the request starts ?

Example data from the application:

A request from the HTTP client with request data size 1.1 MB took
78311 ms to complete on the client side. The corresponding log entry
on the server side is as follows:

<IP address> - - [Time] "POST /<URL> HTTP/1.1" 200 127 - "Apache-
HttpClient/UNAVAILABLE (java 1.4)" "<server name>" ms=3952 cpu_ms=1529
api_cpu_ms=283 cpm_usd=0.154248 instance=<instance id>

Which of these figures contributes towards the instance hour
utilization - is it a) ms, b) cpu_ms or c) the total time noted on the
client side ?