Yes, there seem to be massive issues with Billing for the lat few days (at
least).  It cost me 4 hours of downtime for a production app already.

I emailed the address the recommended on the billing page, and raised in
issue, but heard nothing about this.
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/google-appengine/ug3wkV4-1cw

very disappointing.