I'm on Windows, I've tried many things, It used to work flawless for years

I've tried changing the location of the datastore file, when the file
doesn't exist, it is not created, when I copy the existing datastore file,
it is read, but never modified, I don't think its a permission problem
since It is a new problem, I've also gave all permissions for the file

So the problem is SDK never writes to the datastore. Why can it be?