Hi,

Sorry if you already tried it, but we recently released asynchronous
session described at:
https://developers.google.com/appengine/docs/java/config/appconfig#Enabling_Sessions

Doesn't following setting help with your case?
    <async-session-persistence enabled="true" />

I basically agree with Jeff though. Besides that, we can expect that
modern clients does likely have a better local storage, so it could be
another option.

-- Takashi

Takashi Matsuo | Developer Advocate | tmat...@google.com | 03-6384-9224