Hi,

I'm using python27 on GAE, and with threadsafe either false or true,
"{method 'acquire' of 'thread.lock' objects}" takes up to 50% of my
response time. Obviously 40s is too long for a web app so I'm trying
to cut it down, and this acquiring of thread locks is the biggest
culprit according to cProfile. (The 1.6M function calls also seems
high but I can't find where they're coming from either...)

Any thoughts you can provide on what I might be doing wrong is
appreciated. I also wonder if it is related to some of the Python 2.7
performance issues at the end of last year (that I thought were
resolved):
* https://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=6323
*
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8341112/appengine-performance-degradation-with-python27
*
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/google-appengine/jMah6aWfZWg

cProfile Output:

Profile data:
         1662549 function calls (1652247 primitive calls) in 39.545
seconds

   Ordered by: cumulative time

   ncalls  tottime  percall  cumtime  percall
filename:lineno(function)
[lines removed]
    10816   19.245    0.002   19.245    0.002 {method 'acquire' of
'thread.lock' objects}
[lines removed]