Hey Everybody,

I am new to python and the datastore so I am in the perfect place to
document my questions to make it easier for the next person. I am going to
avoid all the display stuff and just talk about getting data in and out of
the datastore. In this example we are going to develop a backend database
for books.

What is the ancestry stuff and how should I really organize my data? Should
we put everything into books and magazines?
Books -> book 1, book 2
Magazines -> mag 1, mag 2

What does that look like in python or java?
class Books(db.Model):
    pass

class Book(Books):
    name = db.StringProperty(required=True)
    created = db.DateProperty(auto_now_add=True)

How do I put that into the datastore?
book = Books(name="test book")
book.put()

How do you get the key of that book?
book.key()

How do you find all the books?
books = db.GqlQuery("SELECT * FROM Book WHERE ANCESTER IS Books ORDER BY
created DESC LIMIT 10")

How do I loop through the results?
for book in books:
  print book.key() ????
  print book.name

Thanks,
Ben
ps In the example they use the method below to create a key.. What does it
really mean or do?

def guestbook_key(guestbook_name=None):
  """Constructs a Datastore key for a Guestbook entity with guestbook_name."""
  return db.Key.from_path('Guestbook', guestbook_name or 'default_guestbook')